Deep in the Well of Savage Salvation

Copyright© 2000 - 2011 by Hyperion . Powered by Blogger.

Empire Taxes

Empire Taxes
I am your Emperor and you will pay me the Taxes you owe

Empire Taxes

Empire Taxes
I am your Emperor. You must support the Realm!

"Chronicle Groupie"
Hyperion December 19, 2005

The Hyperion Chronicles
“Now with Dominion over Everything Totally Sweet”


#372 A Christmas Miracle



Hello, folks. Today is the beginning of two very busy weeks at the Hyperion Institute, where we will be bringing you our best columns of the year and introducing you to what we have to offer.

I have two goals for this column. First, all of the past Christmas columns are up in one place and ready for you to read. In previous years I’ve rerun certain ones, but this year I’m letting you choose. I really do recommend you take a look if you’re new (or have just forgotten some), as the Christmas columns are always provocative and hopefully thought provoking. You’ll find them on the main Institute page.

Speaking of which, the Hyperion Institute has been redesigned: (http://hyperioninstitute.blogspot.com). I’d love for you to go check it out.

On the right side you’ll notice a black box that reads “Notify List.” You may wonder what this is. Let me tell you: Because I value your privacy, and refuse to make the email addresses public, this means sending the columns in BCC, or Blind Carbon Copy. Because of that, some Internet Service Providers have interpreted my column as spam, and given me fits trying to get it to you.

Notify List is my solution. By signing up, you’ll be notified by the service when there is new material to read. The way you sign up is to put your email address into the box. You’ll get a confirmation link in your inbox, and once you click on that, you’re in.

Let me assure you that Notify List will not sell or distribute your address. I looked into them six ways to Sunday before getting on board.

You may ask, why would I want to sign up, when the column comes to me now? Well, signing up is a matter of clicking on the link, entering your email address, and then clicking on the confirmation link. It can’t be much easier than that.

More to the point, after the first of the year, I will not be sending the column any more from my home computer. It will all be web-based. This means: IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE THE COLUMN, YOU MUST SIGN UP FOR IT ON THE WEBSITE.

Period.

Now, on the site there are several smaller sites, that hold the various columns. First and foremost is


THE HYPERION CHRONICLES (http://hyperionchronicles.blogspot.com)
My team and I have worked extremely hard to put every column I ever wrote up on this site, in a easy-to-use Table of Contents. Now you can trace the evolution of Hyperion’s writing skills (such as they are), and read or reread all the old stuff. Warning: you may want to take off a few weeks from work first, because once you start you won’t stop.

We did work extremely hard getting all the stuff up there, so please take a few moments to check them out. If you ONLY want to receive The Hyperion Chronicles, you would sign up on this page. Next we have


MOVIE-HYPE (http://moviehype.blogspot.com)
This site is for movie reviews, and other discussion of film. The film reviews are indexed alphabetically to make them easy for you to find. My latest reviews include KING KONG and SYRIANA. Check them out.


LITERARY HYPE (http://literaryhype.blogspot.com)
This site is brand new, and will include book reviews (hopefully by readers as well as me), and song-lyrics analysis. I hope to also start a book club next year.


RANK EVERYTHING (http://rankeverything.blogspot.com)
This site features top ten lists on everything under the sun. Recent lists have included favorite gifts, inanimate objects in movies, and band names.


HYPERION TALES (http://hyperiontales.blogspot.com)
This site is dedicated to the stories. Short stories, stories our good friend Carnivus tells, and the year-long story I’ve been doing too. (I plan to do another one next year if demand is there.)


HYPERION RANTS (coming Thursday)
This site will feature audio clips of me yelling about various topics. Thursday’s inaugural rant will be about the holidays.


Like I said, any of the above columns can be signed up for individually, or received as one big package by signing up on the Institute page.

There are two other sites that aren’t included in the package deal:


HYPERION X (should be ready Thursday as well)
This site was created two years ago and is being brought back by popular demand. It features no-holds-barred commentary and discussion on what people are really thinking. There will be a Notify List sign up, but since the subject matter can be objectionable to some, you will have to sign up for this separately.


MONKEY BARN (http://monkeybarn.blogspot.com)
This is by far the most popular site. It features random short thoughts that occur to me throughout the day. (And others as well, as Monkey Barn now boasts contributors.) Monkey Barn posts way too often to make email notification practical, but drop by any time for a lively discussion on anything.


So, that’s what we have to offer. We have worked extremely hard to make a website that would be interesting to a whole bunch of different people. If you’ve never been, now’s the time to try us out. You may find you absolutely love it and become part of the community. I also hope you take the time to sign up for email notification, as these columns will end very shortly.

Before I go I wanted to lay out the rest of the week, as it is a packed one.

Tuesday, December 20: the next Chapter of Fagin Dupree and the Top Ten Christmas Movies of all time

Wednesday, December 21: This year’s first Christmas column and the ten best movies from 1992.

Thursday December 22: Hyperion Rants shows up, and Hyperion X is ready to go too. Top Ten List TBA

Friday, December 23: This year’s second Christmas column (possibly my favorite column of the year) and a very special Top Ten.

Thanks everyone for your time and I hope you enjoy what we have to offer.


Hyperion
December 19, 2005

LEGAL BOILERPLATE
The Hyperion Institute
, which is comprised of The Hyperion Chronicles, MovieHype, HyperionX, Monkey Barn, Hyperion Rants, Literary Hype and Rank Everything is wholly owned and operated by Hyperion. You MAY forward this column, but ONLY IF you forward the entire column. Feel free to visit out website (see below) for more information on any of our services. To unsubscribe please send an email to Hyperion at hyperionchronicles@shaw.ca and, if you feel like it, why you’re being such a hater. And since no one is still reading, I’d like to say that I’m going to miss these little asides to the four people who may catch them. Sniff sniff.

© 2005 The Hyperion Institute. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

0 comments:

Columns                                                                                     Hyperion Empire