Deep in the Well of Savage Salvation

Copyright© 2000 - 2011 by Hyperion . Powered by Blogger.

Empire Taxes

Empire Taxes
I am your Emperor and you will pay me the Taxes you owe

Empire Taxes

Empire Taxes
I am your Emperor. You must support the Realm!

"Chronicle Groupie"
Hyperion September 16, 2010




I've been thinking a lot about names lately, especially things that are mis-named.  What's up with that?  We want people new to America to learn English, the least we can do is call things what they are!  Below I have listed some of the worst examples.  



THE MOST MISNAMED THINGS IN THE WORLD (AND POSSIBLY THE SOLAR SYSTEM) TODAY





#17  Turtles - I guess I shouldn't complain, since real turtles don't taste this good, but the principle....





#16  Urinal Cake - Come to think of it, why would you eat a real cake in a urinal?  Again, though, the principle!





#15  Sweetbread - There are Bad Carbs, and then there's just friggin' ridiculous. 





#14  Paradise, Michigan - I don't know where Paradise is, but I know sure as shootin' it ain't in Michigan. 





#13  Headcheese - I'm not quite sure what I expected headcheese to look like, but that ain't it. 





#12  Grape Nuts - I've yet to figure out what Grape Nuts are, but I know two things it is not: grapes and nuts. 






#11  Rocky Mountain Oysters - If you're ordering Oysters all the way in the Rocky Mountains, you really have no one to blame.  






#10  Cheesecake - It doesn't taste like cheese or cake - it just tastes awful, and anyone who disagrees with me is clearly with the terrorists. 






#09  Poker Chips - As Homer would say, "Don't try to eat these so-called chips."






#08  Tossed Salad - Umm....I must have made a mistake on this one.  Just ignore it...coughcough






#07  Elephant Ears - My biggest complaint - no way those are the right size!  Make 'em Elephant-size and I'm flexible on the pastry. 






#06  Naked Lunch - To quote Nelson Muntz, "I can think of at least two things wrong with that title."





#05  Spotted Dick - I would have bet money this was a Venereal Disease. Looking at the picture, don't rule that out. 






#04  Bearclaws - I thought eating a bear would give me the strength of a bear, but all I got was a sugar-coma.  






#03  Hot Dog - If we do end up going the literal way, I vote for poodles first. As much as those dogs are pampered, they have to be the Kobe Beef of dogs. 






#02  Black Light - For the last time - IT'S PURPLE.  CALL IT A PURPLE LIGHT!


and the number one _______ is......




#01  NeverEnding Story - 'Nuff said.  







The first picture is Greenland, but it's all ice. 
You got that, right? 


See more Top 10 Lists at Rank Everything

List of Hyperion Chronicles


See the latest Stories, Rankings, Movies, TV, Made-up Holidays and More at The Hyperion Empire

0 comments:

Columns                                                                                     Hyperion Empire